Is Free Speech Still A Freedom by Sparksfromacombustiblemind
So, I have been tossing around thoughts in my head since I responded to Fandango’s Provocative Questions #105 by Five Dot Oh. After reading opinions from other bloggers and learning facts I didn’t previously know my brain was put into the hmmmm🤔 mode of my thought process.
I have not read any of the questions that will be posed further down in this post. I did this as I wanted to give me new potential changing thoughts.
If you want to see my original answer I listed the link to that post above. So, all that being said here is where I am standing as of now.
In this new digital age of ours I think Free Speech is going to need to include different categories just as some other things now that so much is done online. As what seems to be the norm “life” has not kept up to digital progress.
I think<<<my opinion>>>> Free Speech Should Always Be a Freedom and protected by our Constitution. However, I think Free Speech needs more defined definition I think:
Free Speech as a Freedom should apply to physical discussions and pamphlets and flyers as it has through the ages.
Digital Free Speech should be the ability to speak your mind according to the digital platform you or using a.k.a.==Terms Of Service of a particular platform.
- If a platform tells you that you must abide by its TOS them the platform needs to be able to police their platform as a whole
- If a platform is not able to police its TOS for every user(even if they have a million) it needs to create strict usage rules that it can police until the time is is able to police its TOS
- I feel this should include a warning system so as a individual or group has time to correct its error(s)
- There must be a way for a individual or group to dispute their penalty w/ a group as opposed to an individual in a reasonable time limit
- If the TOS is due to being flagged by fellow platform users then I think that the flagged individual or group should be able to face a group of its peers just as criminals are able to do this in our court system.
Questions From TheDailyFlabbergast.wordpress.com
Questions From Sam
- Do you think freedom of speech is in jeopardy?
I think it could be, but before anyone acts to hastily they should consider the United States of past versus the United States of the present and make changes to account for those differences. Then we should still be able to retain one of our most basic freedoms.
- What do you think about people being banned on social media?
Well, as long as whatever the social media platform is as long as it is able to fairly police everyone of its users. If the user is not following the platforms TOS after the allotted warnings and banning is the penalty then that’s the way it is. If it cannot police every user then banning seems to need some rethinking until the platform can.
- Do you see blocks as helpful or unnecessary?
Yes, however the word I will use is necessary.
Knowing how cruel people can be such as bullying and such that would be the online version of jail wouldn’t it?
One problem I can think of is that even though it may be listed in the TOS said banned person can easily create a new account until banned again.
Are the platforms going to be able to see this and police this as well?
- What actions do you take to be able to continue sharing your opinions?
When I write or state something, especially something highly contested or something I think is a “touchy” subject I state that what I am stating is strictly my own opinion and let people know they are more than welcome to disagree…to themselves. That no blog bashing or such is needed.
I ❤️ love to hear your thoughts so please feel free to leave a comment , opinion, or feedback.
AS ALWAYS KEEP ON CRAFTING & LOVIN’ EVERY MINUTE! NO MATTER WHAT YOUR STYLE!…WHILE YOU AT IT ENJOY ANY WRITING OR OTHER PROJECTS YOU LOVE!