Our house was painfully quiet. I can count on 2 fingers how often my husband didn’t turn the TV on first thing in the morning or watch videos on his computer.
We didn’t want to minimize Tank’s passing. We decided together that he would understand our heartache and know we were not trying to replace him.
After a lot of hassle and running into many scams we were finally be able to find some puppies we could look at that we were interested in. Even better they were actually close to where we live.
They had 5 puppies. Over the years I always told my husband we were getting a female dog whenever the time came. However, I told him I was okay if we got a boy if that was the puppy that was interested in us.
When we got to their house they were all so cute. As they opened the door there was one puppy that immediately came right to us. She also refused to go back in the pen so we could look at any of her siblings,
My husband tried to look at some of the others. But they were all standoff-ish. Needless to say we got the first to greet us.
We named her Harley. Harley is German Shepard / Siberian Husky Mix. She has one blue eye and one green-ish blue eye. Harley was born around Valentine’s Day so she was 8 weeks old when we got her.
More Harley Pics
I will say we totally forgot how it was to have a puppy…whew. I will be so glad when she is house trained….ugh.
Harley watches everything we do. You can almost see he wheels turning…needless to say she is very smart. She also bounces like she is on springs.
We have now had Harley for 2 weeks and she is now 10 weeks old. You can’t really tell from the photo but she is about twice as big now.
I know it sound silly, but I feel like Tank’s spirit is in Harley. Harley does so many things Tank used to do.
- She holds her right ear up and left ear changes depending on what she’s doing(below)
- Tanks was opposite left up and right changed(below)
- She kicks each of her back legs after she goes #2
- She is part German Shepard
- She loves to play with empty water bottles and she tries to take the lid off(Tank used to love to pop the lid off he’d do it in approx. 10 seconds)
- She loves to flop down by dropping her left shoulder and falling into a lay down position
- She loves to carry big sticks(will update when have a Harley/stick pic
- She loves to play in her kiddie pool
More pics and updates as she grows.
I ❤️ love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment , opinion, or feedback.
AS ALWAYS KEEP ON CRAFTING & LOVIN’ EVERY MINUTE! NO MATTER WHAT YOUR STYLE!…WHILE YOU AT IT ENJOY ANY WRITING OR OTHER PROJECTS YOU LOVE